Wednesday, July 26, 2017

More experimentation

 Had a play around at drilling PCDs into turned aluminium parts.  I first machined a bore into some timber as a simple fixture then pressed the part into place.  I later on did another part with spot drilling first and counter boring.  was very happy with the results.



 I was also looking for a neat way to store my fasteners, yet still be able to take them places for installs and prevent double handling.  I settled on using Tactix boxes from Bunnings and decided to build a rolling island bench for them.

Part of my workshop improvements was to fabricate a new bench that all my tools and equipment could fit underneath,
I cut slots into the table and designed brackets that allow the bench grinder and bench vice to be pushed back against the wall and out of the way when not in use.  I have always found this to be a pain with bench grinders in small workshops.


No comments:

Post a Comment